Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Facebook













Facebook
July 11,2011.

About Facebook,
Off couse, this is good for the enjoyment, you can communicate with your friends, you can update your current doing, and even you can appeal what you think,etc…all through this.
But this can be an addict for us also, even you can be a stalker, you can go enter the other's life and able to check those through this Facebook,... I sometimes used to go to other people's pages and check their photos or doing, even I don't know some of them. After those doing, I felt I became a stalker and that made me some straggles.
Mara also realized my addiction for this at the time and she said, "Stop Papa, always checking Facebook! If you are always do that, you are no more a soul surfer".
Then I stopped Facebook for a while and when I returned to Facebook again, I never goes other people's Facebook agin anymore. I just update my doing and photos. And if somebody come to me, then I just reply or ignored. That is most peaceful way to use Facebook for me.
But recently, I recognized I can find out my old friend through this, even very old missing friends. Then I found out those my old friends through this. 
One of those is a successful legends shaper in the surfing world. I met him 25 years ago in North Shore, Hawaii and now we are talking about some project about special surfboard making together.  And one of others is my super hero of surfing world. He is around 80. The discover of his alive is already amazing for me but more than that is he still stoked in his surfing, and now he is planning to come and surf with us in our Blue Heaven, because he saw my photos of the waves and place in my Facebook.

My excellent pupil, Ninja used to tell me,    
"I don't like Facebook because most of the people you are dealing with don't really know who you are.  I don't want to deal with people who don't know me. And I don't want to appeal myself. I am elusive."

I agree with her philosophy at the some point but I realized if I use this Facebook for good way, it will be a great tools for opening the door of your new or old world. You can communicate all over the world with excellent people through this. I started to communicate those people in my Facebook now. Of cause, all of those people are belong to surfing world.
When Ninja will appear to me again, I want to share with her about my those communication with those friends in the Facebook, and I am sure she will amazed for that because she knows all those legends through her study by book and I know she really adore them a lot. 
When I saw those to her, I will say "I know them as a friend, not through book!".

Yesterday, I suddenly communicated with my old surfer friend through Facebook. Our last communication was 30 years ago. Can you believe that?

Of cause the time we didn't have any Facebook, internet and even cellphone,…His name is Mitsutaka "Mitttaka"  Ikeda, he was one of a hottest professional surfer at the time. We used to travel my Island for the Surf magazine. By the way, I wrote below sentence as the prologue of my book before. 
"I have been living in this foreign country for more than 20 years since I had left Japan.

I remember when I just started surfing in my homeland. I used to read many surfing magazines and watched many surfing videos. Because I wanted to know more about     surfing, which had always caught my eye and never left my mind.

Some articles were very impressive. For example, the article of Gerry Lopez’s surfing trip to G-Land of Indonesia, or the piece on ultimate cut back of Thornton Fallander  at Nias Island, the set of the film Storm Riders, directed by Dick Hoole. I started to dream. I also wanted to go on one of these surfing trips to the southern  islands some day, and I wanted to surf the ultimate waves of the most remote points, alone. I think all surfers have this kind of dream.



After 35 years of my surfing journey, I had finally discovered my own ultimate places ; I can say that I have had the greatest surfing life, more than I had ever dreamed of  at a young age."
After the communication with Mittaka today, I realized I already traveled with this Thorton Falender and Mittaka together before. It was 30 years ago and I already had forgotten about it. The amazing is I still keep the magazine which featured our surf trip to my Island by our crew, Tai-can and Nishi. (1st Photo is Mittaka at our trip, Mara, the one Nishi riding the board was your yellow board that you are using now after 30 years.)
And now, I also remember the last trip to Point C followed for my soul surf brother Colin. That was like a "Deja Vu" of my long-chelished dream and intensity for surfing from 35 years ago when I just started surfing. (3rd one is that photo of Thorton in Nias.)
Another surprised was, I realized this Dick Hoole became my soul brother after 20 years later of my watching his movie. And we did a lot of things together for the support of Philippines surf. By the way, you believe or not, our name of group, "Manila Storm Riders" was given by him from his movie,"Storm Riders".

Our communication between Mittaka and me was really fun to jump from the time of 30 years.
He was also so exciting after checked the my photos in the Facebook and he seemed like he want to fly to Philippines already tomorrow.
He said that after his professional surfing career, he became a businessman and have been traveling the world to buy Lobster and now he has own company for that.
He is asking the possibility to buy Lobster from Philippines.
Maybe, I should ask my soul brothers in Blue Heaven to catch the Lobster instead of catching the wave of tube.  
Is there anybody can advice me for this is possible or not  to able to business in the Philippines. If possible, I really want to give any business opportunity for my soul brothers in Blue Heaven seriously.
Mittaka, come to the philippines asap! I want to bring you to my Blue Heaven. There is best wave and excellent surfers.
I want to take the photos of the session between you and them.
I also expected your performance of Japanese spirit surfing, "Samurai Surfing" which you used to be called!

I didn't know what will happen after 30 years at the time.
I also don't know what will happen tomorrow. 
But I only know life is so amazing and I am so exciting for what is the next God will provide to me,…

Mahalo for Facebook,
Hiroshi

No comments:

Post a Comment