Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Moon light surfer


Moon light surfer.
At Monaliza Point, La Union. 
January 1, 2010.

Happy New Year!
At the start of a new year, I want to paddle out the point first thing in the morning by all means…This has been my desire for great surfing of this year; I also want to go ahead of anyone else.  With this in mind, I got more fired up today and went to the point, because today is the day of the start of year.
While checking for a surf point at past 5:00 AM, I was overwhelmed by a mysterious and fantastic scene. The sea was lit by the full moon’s light and it glittered so dazzling and bright.
What’s more, the waves kept on getting bigger; I can see sets of waves clearly.
Kanta and I went into the sea immediately. Mara was still sleeping in the car because she didn’t get any sleep at all due to last night’s party.
In a span of more than 40 minutes, Kanta and I were the only ones who enjoyed surfing in the beautiful moonlight.
As I began surfing, I immediately noticed that this surfing was particularly different from the one that I always do.
It was bright because of the moonlight but still it was dark. Upon take off, as expected it was still like taking a plunge into darkness.
Thus, we always come into a realization that we are surfing based on what our vision feeds us.
I look at the open sea and continuously evaluate the waves to determine if it is rideable or not, and catch the wave. 
After take-off, how much do surfers enjoy the scene in front of our eyes?
“Only a surfer knows the feeling,” this is the only phrase that can describe a surfer’s feelings very well.
However, this time is really different from my usual surfing.
Without depending on my sense of sight, I surf using my intuition… I can feel that my intuition is being honed more and more.
The take off in particular, felt like being pulled by someone like never before; I also notice the force of gravity pulling me.
In this darkness, I was there as a surfer, on the other hand, the pulling force of the earth was also existent.
To feel the earth and surf was really an amazing experience.,

By the way, I cooked and ate mushrooms last night but I wonder, by any chance, would  it be a magic mushroom?



By the way, I cooked and ate mushrooms last night but I wonder, by any chance, would it be a magic mushroom?    

No comments:

Post a Comment